HP printer Error Code 20 signifies that Printer Not
Activated, displayed usually on PC while printing. It is recommended by HP
printer technical support professionals that before proceeding to
resolution, they are requested to verify if the printer is working fine or not?
This can be achieved easily by printing a verifying and self-test-page that USB
connectivity from printer to PC is well maintained.
Error Code 20 in HP Printer
Printer Error Code 20 may be the reason where the
wrong printer is set-up as a printer driver is missing and default printer, or
if there are few struggles found in device manager.
Repair HP Printer Error Code 20
Essential Printer is fixed as a
- Go to the Start button and then click on the option of Printers and Faxes icon to open the folder of Printers
- If it initiates that desired printer icon is missing, then an individual’s are requested to proceed to go to Step two.
- Ensure that the desired printer has a proper check mark which should be located next to it representing that it is set as a default printer.
- If the desired printer does not have a projecting check mark, then just right-click on the printer icon and then click on the option of Set as Default Printer icon.
- Click on the option of Printer, and then on Print Test Page to print a Windows self-test page.
- If your Windows test page prints successfully, it is suggested by HP printer customer support to close all windows and try printing again from application what they were using before.
- If the Windows test-page is not print yet, then move to the next step
Re-Installation of the USB
Composite Device from Device Manager
- Go to
the Start Button and then click on the Run Button.
devmgmt.msc command directly in Run window and then click on the option of
Enter to open Device Manager Window icon.
on the option of the (+) icon which is located just next to the Universal
Serial Bus Controllers.
click on the option of USB Composite Device and then on the Uninstall button.
the USB cable directly from the device and then reconnecting it required.
all instructions in Found New Hardware wizard to easily install the drivers.
on the printer icon, and then click on the option of Print Test Page to easily
print a Windows self-test page.
all the windows and then try to print from the application which you were using
Re-establishment of HP Software
the above steps do not work for your errors or issues, please uninstall and
then reinstall HP software prudently.
If you are still stuck to resolve HP printer error code 20 issues. Come and get your issues resolved with our HP Printer Customer support experts.
I’m Jhon Smith. I’m a software engineer living in USA. I am a fan of technology, web development, and surfing. I’m also interested in design.Many People are found Computer Hardware related problems link HP Printer Support so i am try to create a articles a how to fix those problems and connect with HP Printer Customer Support.